Valentine’s Day is alright, but we LOVE showing our appreciation for friends on Galentine’s Day! Read on for 5 fun ways to celebrate Galentine’s Day.
Valentine’s Day is romantic, sexy, and…kind of overwhelming. The V-Day jewelry commercials have already started, our single friends are feeling neglected, plus there’s the inevitable “What are your v-day plans?” It’s enough to make us open up a new bottle of wine—we’ve always got a bottle or two handy😉 But you know what’s way more fun than Valentine’s Day? Galentine’s Day!
February 13th is all about celebrating the platonic love we have for our friends, both guys and gals! It’s not nearly as serious and stuffy as Valentine’s Day, plus you can include your entire group. We don’t know about you, but that sounds MUCH more enjoyable. That’s why we’ve put together five fun ways to celebrate.
And there’s something for everyone! Feel free to pick and choose, try a few, or even attempt them all. Whatever you do, just have a blast and drink some delicious wine along the way.
Get Crafty and Make Gifts
If your love language includes acts of service or gift-giving, this option is RIGHT up your alley. Get a few friends together, brush off your arts and crafts skills, and MAKE each other gifts!
You don’t even have to be all that handy to put something fun together. Here are just a few things you and your group of friends can put together:
- Bath bombs
- Upcycle old wine bottles
Even if the final gifts don’t turn out perfectly, you’ll still get to spend time together laughing and making memories. Plus, it’s an activity that goes remarkably well with wine.
Fitness Followed by Brunch!
If you and your group of friends prefer more active endeavors, then consider a group fitness activity! Followed by brunch, obviously. You could do something as simple as group yoga or as ambitious as a group hike. Plus, knowing you’ll grab brunch afterward is a surprisingly good motivator.
Brunch can be as simple or as elegant as you’d like! You could cook your favorite breakfast/lunch combos at home, or you could all shower off and head to your nearest chic bistro. Either way, here are a few fitness activities you could all engage in prior to your Galentine’s Day brunch!
- Weightlifting (spot each other!)
Treat Yourselves to a Spa Day
This one is an oldie, but a goodie. Treat yourself and your friends to a luxurious spa day! Again, you can make this as luxe or as simple as you please.
If you’re near an actual spa or esthetician, consider getting high-end facials or massages for the ultimate indulgence. Prefer to keep things closer to home? Either use your favorite skincare products OR make your own for a fun DIY spa day. Whichever one you opt for, we highly recommend doing it with a nice full glass of wine nearby.
Throw a Dinner Party!
If you’re looking for something a little more glamorous, why not throw a full-blown dinner party!? We don’t know anyone who doesn’t love a good party with food, wine, and friends.
If you and your friends are a bit challenged in the culinary department, there’s no shame in ordering in. If, however, you’d prefer to cook your own dinner, you have TONS of options.
- Practice your wine pairing skills and prepare a meal together that pairs beautifully with any wine you have on hand (or order wine specifically for your desired meal).
- Try cooking WITH wine! We’ve got a sumptuous wine-braised brisket recipe that’s surprisingly easy to make and uses our PALO61 Toscano Rosso.
- Set up stations and do a make-your-own pizza night! It’s fun, everyone gets what they want, and it goes GREAT with wine. Check out our keto-friendly pizza recipe!
- If all else fails, whip up some simple party recipes like a charcuterie board, watermelon feta salad, or even sheet pan fajitas. This lets you keep things simple while still getting to eat delicious food!
Dress Up for a Cocktail or Wine Tasting Party
For those who are more interested in socializing than food, there’s no reason why you can’t simply throw a cocktail party or a wine tasting party. This could be before or after everyone has dinner and you can all dress to the nines while sipping on cocktails or luscious glasses of wine. Just make sure to take PLENTY of pictures.
Plus, there are several things you can do to spruce up an otherwise simple party…
- Have everyone come with either a unique wine or a unique cocktail recipe! This means that everyone will get to have something they already like while also trying something new.
- Practice the art of wine tasting! Have just a few bottles of wine on hand and then take your time noticing different elements about it (tannins, body, terroir, etc.). This is a fun way to elevate your wine knowledge while also spending time with friends.
- Practice making wine-inspired cocktails. From Mulled Wine to an Apple & Ginger Spritzer, wine can be a surprisingly versatile cocktail ingredient.
Let Your Friends Know You Care on Galentine’s Day…With WINE!
No matter how you decide to spend Galentine’s Day, make sure you let your friends know how much they mean to you. Sometimes that means sending a quick text, other times that means spending the weekend together catching up. Whatever the case, it’s the time of year to let our loved ones know that they’re…well, loved!
Comment below and tell us how you showered your friends with love (and wine) this Galentine’s Day! Don’t forget to follow us on social media for all the newest updates, and definitely stock up on all your favorite wines.