Summer is HERE! So we’re getting ready by prepping some of our favorite summer wine cocktails. Mix, sip, repeat—ahhh 😎
We don’t know about you, but we’re ready to grab our sunnies and lounge poolside. The only thing that could make it even better? A wine cocktail!
After staying inside all winter, we’re ready to hit the ground running this summer. That means we’re ditching added sugar in favor of healthier cocktails that won’t cause a sugar crash. Plus, we’ve carefully crafted these cocktails to be JUST as delicious as their sweet counterparts.
Ready to get your drink on? Read on for five of our favorite summer-inspired wine cocktails.
Want something light, refreshing, and surprisingly aromatic? Then you’re going to love our twist on the Aperol Spritz.
This cocktail combines the sweet elderflower flavors of St. Germain with the hints of sage, peaches, and flowers in our Vermentino wine. It’s crisp, elevated, and surprisingly complex. Just make sure you don’t overindulge in the St. Germain. The half an ounce we’ve included is just enough to add a splash of flavor without a ton of sugar.
- Fill your cocktail glass with ice and add 1 oz of St. Germain.
- Stir until chilled and then top with 3 oz of Vermentino.
- Add 2 oz of soda water and stir gently.
- Garnish with celery and/or a slice of cucumber.
Looking for something with a kick of fruit? Look no further than our Peachy-Pino Sangria! Admittedly, this recipe is like a combination of a traditional mojito and sangria. We’ve just pared down the ingredients and simplified the process a bit.
Just picture it now—muddled peaches and mint, effervescent Lemon LaCroix, and the aromatic notes of apples, peaches, and hawthorn from our Castellani, Pinot Grigio. Yes, please!
This recipe makes six servings and we’ve ditched the added sugar and rum. Feel free to sub the Lemon LaCroix for a diet lemon soda if you need that extra kick of sweetness, and you could even add a few shots of rum if you want to pump up the alcohol content. We just kept things as simple as possible to make managing carbs and sugar a bit easier.
- Slice 3 peaches and remove the pits. Add sliced peaches to a large pitcher and add roughly 1 cup of loose mint leaves.
- Muddle the peaches and mint leaves together for about one minute and then add one tray of ice.
- Add 6-8 ounces of Castellani, Pinot Grigio.
- Add 3 cans of Lemon LaCroix (or diet soda of choice)
- Stir gently, serve, and enjoy!
PALO61 Toscana Rosato Frosé (Frozen Rosé)
It’s not summer without SOME kind of frozen drink! And nothing hits the spot quite like a glass of Frosé (Frozen Rosé).
Plus, this recipe is so simple! While you can opt for the ultimate easy frosé (literally just ice and rosé in a blender), we’ve pumped up the berry flavors with some fresh strawberries and our PALO61 Toscana Rosato. Trust us, it makes ALL the difference.
- Pour rosé into ice trays and freeze for at least six hours. They might not become fully frozen due to the alcohol, but that’s okay. Using an entire bottle of wine will make 4 to 6 servings, but you’ll probably need more than one ice tray.
- Before removing the rosé trays from the freezer, remove the stem from 4 oz of strawberries. While they will get blended, it helps to go ahead and quarter them.
- Add rosé cubes to a blender (even if they’re not fully solid), add 2 oz of lemon juice, 1 cup of ice, and purée until smooth.
- If the consistency is too watery, transfer the mixture back into the freezer for another 20 minutes before blending again.
- Pour, garnish with a strawberry slice, and enjoy!
Tenuta Ceppaiano Ginger Whiskey
For those looking for a spicy kick to their cocktails, our Tenuta Ceppaiano Ginger Whiskey is perfect!
Our Tenuta Ceppaiano is the perfect addition to a ginger whiskey cocktail with its hints of dark fruits, aniseed, and citrusy orange. It’s the kind of drink that makes your mouth water before you’ve had your first sip. This recipe makes one serving, but you’ll quickly find yourself making this cocktail over and over again.
- Add 1 large ice cube to your glass.
- Add 1 oz whiskey.
- Add 1 oz of Tenuta Ceppaiano (or more depending on your preference).
- Add 2 oz of diet ginger ale.
- That’s it!
PALO61 Toscana Bianco Lemonade
There’s just something about lemonade during the summertime that’s so thirst-quenching. So, obviously, we HAD to combine this summertime favorite with our PALO61 Toscana Bianco!
This particular wine is delicate, fresh, and bursting with both floral and balsamic notes. The addition of lemons just feels so natural. This recipe makes four servings, so if you’re having a large party you might consider doubling up. Trust us, this lemonade tends to go fast.
- Add all ingredients to a blender (2 cups of water, 1 cup of lemon juice, 1 cup of ice, a pinch of salt, and 8 oz of PALO61 Toscana Bianco). If you want a thicker beverage, cut out the water.
- Optional: Add ½ cup of monk fruit or keto sweetener of choice.
- Blend until smooth.
Sip on Wine Cocktails All Summer Long
Is it just us, or are you really thirsty all of a sudden?
Whether you’re at the beach, hanging by the pool, or simply lounging on the grass, we invite you to kick back and relax. You work so hard! You deserve to take a break and enjoy a well-deserved cocktail every once in a while.
Did you LOVE any of these cocktail recipes? Let us know! Feel free to comment down below with your thoughts, or follow us on Instagram and give us a shout out 🙂
Plus, don’t forget to stock up on all your favorite bottles. Ciao!